19 Ocak 2013 Cumartesi

TUKISH TEA-SET 1


TURKISH TEA

I’m a tea addict. Tea is the centre of my life. The first thing I do when I wake up every morning is to boil some water in order to have a cup of tea. That’s because I don’t feel relaxed until I get my one cup of tea. I may even get annoyed when I don’t drink it a day. But I don’t think that I’m the only person who acts in this way. Also,the researches show that 96% of Turkish people drink tea everyday just like me. Besides, this is not restricted with Turkih people only because the researches also show that tea is the most consumed drink after water. So,the results show that I’m not alone J Additionally,tea is very beneficial for health. If we drink it before an exam or when we get tired,it stimulates the brain and makes you feel more energetic and alert. Despite the controversies over the harmful effects of tea,I advise everyone to drink it because ,for me, there are lots of drinks that are really harmful. But a number of people drink such liquid. Hence,we should at first argue on those drinks. All in all, as the researches show,tea is consumed in large quantities and this situation should go on according to me.



In this video,Katharina Branning –the author of the book “yes,I would love a glass of tea”- talks about a subject about which I didn’y mention in my first subject. She shares her opinions about Turkis tea and the realitonship between Turkish culture and tea. She relates the bright colour of Turkish tea and the brightness of Turk’s faces. Also, the colour of our tea is refers to our flag’s colour for her.

When I first watched this video, I got really happy because It’s so great to see a foreign person describing our cultures and traditions in such a good way. So, I was really affected from watching this video. And I still smile when I watch this great comments on our country and people. Hence, I suggest everyone to see this and have a look at it.

3 yorum:

  1. Dear Esra,
    I really enjoyed reading your text about tea.I totally agree with you,because I like tea a lot.This is a reality that I feel terrible when I don't drink tea after I eat my dinner.In addition , tea is the undispensable thing of my breakfasts.
    On the other hand,Your grammar is really good and your text is very fluent to read.

    Have a nice day with a cup of tea :)
    Arif EROL

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Dear Esra :)
    First of all, when I finished to comment your entry, I realized that Arif also commented on this one. However, it was too late and I did not want to change it. Moreover, you are very lucky person :) I very very like to read your journal. I would like to say that “Yes, you are not alone :)”. You have organized your ideas very appropriately and there is no irrelevant thing. You have reflected the “tea” clearly and concisely. What I mean, you have done justice to the topic because you have talked about not only Turkish tea but also its importance in other cultures.From grammatical aspect, I haven’t found any common mistakes expect for fragment issues. I think you know this rule, but you don’t notice this. You can’t start a sentence with and,but and so :) Also there are some spelling mistakes like “didn’y, realitonship”. I guess they resulted from your writing quickly. I am sure that I will read your next journals with the same pleasure :)

    YanıtlaSil